The last of the big three game modes in Battlefield 2042 has been announced. Hazard Zone is a PvPvE elimination mode in which 4-player squads fight on large scale multiplayer maps over precious data drives.
It has elements of a battle royale style game mode, but unlike battle royale your goal is not to kill everyone and win, but to extract as many Data Drives as possible and extract.
It’s akin to games more like Hunt Showdown and Escape From Tarkov. Players buy guns and choose specialists before going into a match using Dark Market credits that you earn by playing, similar to the games it takes inspiration from, and like in those games you risk losing all your gear if you don’t manage to extract from the map.
On PC, PS5, and Xbox Series S/X, Hazard Zone will support up to 32 players, while on PS4 and Xbox One, it will be capped at 24 players.
Here’s the full list of perks provided by EA:
- Starting Armor: Start with +20 armor
- Negotiated Bounty 1: 50% additional credits for kills on Occupying Forces
- Squad Reinforcement: Reinforcement uplink that can bring back killed squadmates. Can only be used once!
- Quickdraw Holster: Switch weapons +15% faster
- Data Storage: Data Drive carry capacity increased by +2
- Loadout Insurance: Should you fall in battle, reimburses 50% of Loadout and Tactical Upgrade costs
- Biometric Scanning: Spot enemies for 50% longer
- Insider Information: Reveal Data Capsule drop locations 30 seconds before they land
- Table Deal: 100% additional credits reward for extracted Data Drives
- Faster Healing 1: Heal 20% faster
- Faster Healing 2: Heal 50% faster
- Ammo Increase 1: Additional +1 magazine for primary weapon
- Ammo Increase 2: Additional +2 magazines for primary weapon
- Throwable Increase 1: Increase carried throwables by +1
- Throwable Increase 2: Increased carried throwables by +2
We will hear more about this game mode before Battlefield 2042’s (hopefully) November 19 release.